M10964- Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager
Download the course description: M10964- Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager
This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
• Architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
• Upgrate and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
• Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
• Configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
• monitoring configuration of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
• configuration of end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
• Configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualization of key performance and availability metrics.
• Customize the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
• Integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
• Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
• Use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: Integration with System Center Advisor, Integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and Managing Windows Azure.
Module 1: Overview and Architecture
Module 2: Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
Module 3: Upgrading Operations Manager
Module 4: Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
Module 5: Application Performance Monitoring
Module 6: End to End Service Monitoring
Module 7: Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
Module 8: Configuring and Customizing the Console
Module 9: Management Pack Authoring
Module 10: Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
Module 11: Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
The primary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
• In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.