M20410 – Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012
Download the course description: M20410 Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
Module 7: Implementing DNS
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers by Using Group Policy Objects
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
• IT professionals who :
• have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Typically, candidates who are interested in attending this course include:
• are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
• want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties
• Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• An understanding of:
basic AD DS concepts.
security best practices.
• Basic knowledge of server hardware.
• Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.